Friday, July 01, 2011

Some Blogs Can Be Deceiving

Tamagoya Noodle House
Soliven Avenue
Antipolo City


The gyoza reminded me of the fried gyoza I used to love eating at the old Viramall in the Greenhills Shopping Center. It brought back high school memories but apart from that it was not as good as I had expected. The wrap was flimsy and the meat inside was not as compact. I should have trusted my instincts with this and ordered the Karaage (Fried Chicken) instead.


I was excited with the ramen so I was saving some space for that. When it arrived, it looked really good. The quintessential toppings were there and the broth looked rich and thick. It appeared only to be a mirage. I tasted the soup first and it was not as strong as I had hoped for. The aesthetics of the soup was far from the thickness of the soup itself. The flavor was a bit bland. Mediocre. I thought the chasyu could make up for the lack of punch the soup had but it didn't. The meat was really tough because they used very lean meat. It was good for the health but not good for texture and flavor. The only thing I really liked about the whole ramen experience was the noodles. I loved its texture and the way the soup base coated each noodle strand and how it glimmered against the light. It was al dente. But because of the sorry soup and tough meat, the whole dish didn't even come close to average.

It's sad because the dishes we had were not to our satisfaction. We expected a sort of secret ramen place this side of town but we were utterly disappointed. Too bad because the service was excellent and the place looked very authentic. I'm giving Tamagoya another chance though. Next week, I will try their Curry Ramen and I pray that next time I would finally get the perfect ramen dish I were searching for all along.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails