- Surveys are not important. Don't let your decisions get affected by it. You are not wasting your vote if you vote for a candidate you really like even if you think he/she's gonna lose. Just pick who you really want and stick with it.
- The circle is not an egg. You don't really need a noontime show dance group to tell you to fully shade the circle now do you? Do not vote if you think you need the "bilog na hugis itlog" advice.
- You can vote "abstain" on any electoral position by leaving it blank. If you don't know who to vote in a specific position, don't just write the first name that you remember. This is not a fucking exam. This is not right minus wrong.
- You don't need to vote straight if you don't want to. The partylist voting DOES NOT work in our flawed government system. Don't force it.
- Cheating will be involved. It's like death and taxes. It's inevitable. Stop whining about it.
Friday, April 30, 2010
10 days before the BEST PRESIDENT EVER gets out of office. It's voting season once again and I really pray that people vote wisely. I don't really care who you vote for since we're in a democracy but I will respect you better if you make an educated vote instead of a vote from your heart. Here are a few reminders though:
Monday, April 19, 2010
Ok. So there I was on the treadmill at the gym and flipped to my usual channel of choice: Discovery Travel & Living. Janet Hsieh was on and to my surprise she was in the Philippines. To the people oblivious of who she is, Janet is a host of her own travel show Fun Taiwan and has been one of my crushes on that channel. The other one being Anthony Bourdain and my man-crush on him. That awesome wit and genius. That straight-forward and no reservations attitude. Anthony Bourdain is just AWESOME.
But I digress.
Janet's H-O-T and I hate that there was no news about her visit. Even in the blogsphere, not a word. I'm truly bummed! Bummed enough to actually blog about it, you see?
Now, to find that episode and download it.
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Bacon-Wrapped Lamb Chops on Mushroom and Truffle Risotto
Sear lamb chops until near done. Wrap with bacon and cook until desired doneness. Top over slow cooked buttery mushroom and truffle risotto.