Monday, November 15, 2010

From Shanghai With Love

November 15, 2010
Lugang Cafe
Connecticut Street,
San Juan

A newly imported restaurant franchise opened its gates in Greenhills recently. Called Lugang Cafe, it had to adapt a different name since their original franchise name was already taken. Titles aside, we decided to give this new Chinese restaurant a try.

Probably, the best Xiao Long Bao I've tasted in the Philippines. Kinda reminds me of Din Tai Fung's famous soup buns. Forget the old Xiao Long Bao of Gloria Maris. Forget Su Zhou. Forget Crystal Jade. This is undoubtedly the best so far.

The Assorted Roast Platter is an array of classic roast dishes like Asado, Duck, Roast Pork, and Jellyfish. It's good but nothing really special.

I loved the White Chicken with Green Onions and Scallions. The succulent chicken meat was complemented by the generous topping of the salty green onions and scallions. A Cantonese style of cooking similar to the Hainanese Chicken but at par to its level of deliciousness.

For dessert, I wanted to try the Pearl Milk Tea but it was not available so I went with the Mango Ice Shaving. It lacked the strong mango flavor but really refreshing. I must admit, I am a sucker for slushes.

Apart from the amazing ambiance and posh interiors, Lugang Cafe boasts a wide variety of dishes close to the Chinese heart. The very heart that can power the restaurant in the best location possible: Greenhills. I can't claim to be an expert on Lugang already since I've only tried a couple of dishes but rest assured that I will be back. Mark my word.

8 comments:

canDIshhh said...

Oliver! Where is this exactly? :) I want to try!!!!!!!!!!!

oliboy said...

beside capricciosa greenhills. sa may connecticut street.

Cza said...

Wow.. nagblog :P Haha!

oliboy said...

hehehe! minsan lang sipagin so I took the opportunity na.

Doc ELARS said...

how bout the price average ba?

oliboy said...

medyo mahal sya dude pero better servings compared sa crystal jade.

anney said...

This post made me hungry! The food look delicious1

oliboy said...

thanks anney! try lugang, it's yum! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails