Saturday, May 29, 2010

I Will Remember You

May 29, 2010
Cantinetta
Rockwell, Makati City

I've been to Cantinetta a couple of times but I've never gotten to create a write-up on it. Maybe because the last time I was there, our server did not allow us to take photos of our orders. Good thing they have changed their attitude towards paparazzis like me.


For starters, we had the Proscuitto di Parma con Melone. This order may have stemmed from the experience we had during our L'Opera "dinner" so please pardon our redundancy. The parma ham was not as "melt-in-your-mouth" as the ones we had in L'Opera but what was great about this dish was the fact that they stuck with the classic presentation of this appetizer. As you remember with our parma from L'Opera, there was no melons available thus changing the taste dimension of the plate. Cantinetta stuck with the classic and provided us with an above average serving of one of the best appetizers there is.


The Minestra di Verdure was a bit subpar compared to the minestrones I've had from other establishments. The minestrone from Fazoli's (an almost fast food joint) was more flavorful than this. The soup was a bit watery and lacked punch.


The Angel Hair Promodoro was nothing special and just ok. A bit on the tangy side and again lacking in that extra punch.


The Osso Buco was on the salty side but the bone marrow was amazing! The risotto was not evenly cooked since some parts were a little chewy. Good thing the risotto's blandness complemented the salty protein, if not, this would have been another disaster.

The Ravioli is one of my favorite dishes at Cantinetta. It may not be as perfect a ravioli dish as you would expect but it will forever be my comfort meal there. Mushroom and cheese ravioli with truffle oil is truly heaven sent.

Cantinetta has changed a lot since the last time I was here. Some say for the worse. It's a good thing that I will instead always remember this resto as the place where great friends dine whenever they are in the Rockwell area. A cozy place that needs not representation or introduction. A pretty well-known establishment for good food and fabulous service. I will always remember their steak (we had it before) and the ravioli. The food, the service, the company, I will always remember Cantinetta.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails