Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Globe Run For Home 2010

March 21, 2010
Ayala Triangle
Makati City

The Globe Run was reportedly the first ever user of the timing chip in the Philippines last year. This year, they were the first to ever hold their running event at the Ayala Triangle and the first to ever have the 15k category in a race. The originality and innovation of their runs makes me look forward to the next.

It was really awesome to be able to run in an urban area for a change. Although the streets were quite narrow because of so many participants, at least it brought a nice change from the clear roads and level running I was used to. It was also my first time running on the flyover (which was a killer, by the way) but really fun.

Official results are out and my time for the 5k improved from the last run. I finished with a gun time of 32'54 and a chip time of 32'25. Mixed emotions though since I wanted it to be under the 30-minute mark but quite elated with my 17-second improvement. Targeting under 30 at the next run (Earth Day Run 2010).

Fellow runners can get their results at the Globe Run's official website.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails