Friday, December 11, 2009

Proudly Pinoy

3 months ago, I realized how lucky I was to be a Filipino. The unity the Filipinos showed during the time of nationwide tragedy was overwhelming! I was right there smack in the middle of things thinking to myself and believing that there is indeed still hope for the Philippines if we all continue to be as united as we were then. That Filipinos are resilient and they will pull through amidst any challenge. Ninoy Aquino, Efren Pe├▒aflorida Jr. and Manny Pacquiao... Filipino heroes! I was so happy to be a Filipino and to share in the limelight of these amazing people!

3 months after, I don't feel so proud anymore. Presidentiables showboating, Maguindanao Massacre, and Martial Law... how can you be proud of that?!? I don't get it... Don't these people get embarrassed of being the laughing stock of the world? Philippine Politics is a complete joke! A worldwide embarrassment! A circus! The only thing pulling the whole Philippines down as a nation.

Frustrated, I have given up on Politics! That is why I don't vote anymore and don't intend to vote ever! It's just a waste of my time and effort. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Even if you put a decent human being there on the presidential seat... he/she will ultimately get corrupted by power and greed. That's just how the world goes. That's just how things happen. That's human nature. Indeed, everybody wants to change the world but nobody really wants to change themselves.

The Filipino is worth dying for, Ninoy?

Not in these times... I'm sorry!

2 comments:

ALiNe said...

grabe na yan politics dito sa bansa natin.. hayyyyy

oliboy said...

oo basura!

Related Posts with Thumbnails