Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The Aquino Legacy

They say the number 9 symbolize change.

Today September 9, 2009 (9-9-09), the eldest son of Ninoy and Cory Aquino announced his candidacy for the Philippines' 2010 Election.

I'm a great admirer of the Aquino legacy (except for Kris) but I'm not that big a fan of Noynoy. He really did nothing as a senator. But we all know that he will ride the Aquino name to the presidency and he will win.

I guess I've got nothing to do but hope for the best. Hope that he doesn't become another rat. Hope that he inspires change.

And these questions lie: Who will be seated as the Vice President? Given the track record of the Philippines, that is the most powerful position one can have (after an impeachment). Will Noynoy beat his mother's record for the number of coup attempts? What will Kris Aquino's position be? Will his administration be another Kamag-anak (Relatives) Incorporated like what happened during his mother's administration wherein relatives get all the big contracts/businesses?

Kidding aside, I'm being pessimistic but deep inside I try real hard to still have faith. Faith that this country will eventually be at its potential. I love this country and I want the future generation to be proud of it also. Noynoy, you have the power to make this country great. Don't fail us. The whole country's hope lies on you.

4 comments:

kulot said...

What will put him into the presidency? A family name, a personality, emotions.

Change? That has been how we elect our officials ever since!

oliboy said...

i don't really like him also, just hoping for the best kulot! :)

Cza said...

Not a big fan either...
Pero sige, I'm giving him a chance. Not yet sure who I'll vote for anyway. Let's see ... :)

oliboy said...

yeah cza, just vote wisely...

Related Posts with Thumbnails