Friday, April 10, 2009

Hong Kong Series: Wonton Noodle

April 10, 2009
Chee Kee Wonton Noodle Shop
Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

Presumably the best wonton noodles shop in Hong Kong but I liked the Wonton Noodle better in the side street cafes. I blogged about the best Wonton Noodle Soup back then. Chee Kee had also good, hearty wontons but when it comes to the noodles, it was a bit too soft for me. It was not as chewy as I had hoped. Too bad, the wonton and broth were perfect enough but they failed in the noodles part.

We also tried the Beef Noodles and I love how the beef was so tender and so soft to the bite. Now this is what I'm going to order next time! OR maybe a serving of beef AND wanton while I'm at it?

The Crispy Fried Wonton was a different story. The sound of biting through it alone made us order 2 servings of this delicacy. The stuffing also was very different and incomparable to the ones we have in the Philippines. Never have I tasted wontons this good.

A staple side dish for the noodle soup was the Gai Lan with Oyster Sauce. Yummy! But blanching it in a little less time could've been better to preserve its crunchy texture.

Final Note: Best Wonton Noodle Soup is still at a lowly Chinese Cafe at Kam Hong Street in North Point. For now...

3 comments:

goodfor2 said...

Wonton.. God's greatest chinese food creation

ALiNe said...

kakamiss ang HK food

oliboy said...

indeed it is goodfor2! :)

oo alien! pag punta ka, sama kami ni aileen! food trip tayo! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails