Thursday, April 09, 2009

Hong Kong Series: Brunch

April 9, 2009
Tao Heung
Wan Chai, Hong Kong

Went to another branch of Tao Heung for our brunch but this time to the specific area where I've eaten so many times. I think this was the most crowded among all their restaurants. I've experienced them still having long queues at 9 pm. A bit expensive but one of the most popular restaurant chain in Hong Kong.

Roasted Goose - One word: Love! The meat was so tender and juicy. The drippings PERFECT over rice!

Steamed Shrimps - A little bit overcooked but still succulent and sweet. The dipping sauce was also nice but I prefer the ones we have here in the Philippines.

Roasted Pork - Great with the mustard dipping sauce and one of my favorite Cantonese style of cooking. But this one was a bit different from what I was expecting. It was good but not as good as the ones I've tried before. And unfortunately, I've already forgotten where I've eaten the perfect one. :(

Sweet and Sour Pork - Didn't really like this that much because the meat was too tough and the flavor was more burnt than anything. The rice, on the other hand, was very good!

Chicken Feet - Soft and tender. The flavor was very distinctly Hong Kong.

Siomai - I think I had way too much of this in my time. Possibly, I am now so used to the flavor that siomai doesn't surprise me anymore. It is still a staple in dimsum meals though.

Steamed Spareribs - This was as usual amazing. The only downside perhaps would be the appearance of so many taros. I really am not fond of taros.

Wonton Soup - A perfect way to end the meal, a light Wonton Soup that was surprisingly refreshing given the fact that we all know how much vetsin was in the soup. The flavors were exceptional but then again, maybe it was the MSG.

Some people hate brunches but how can you hate it in Hong Kong with these kinds of dishes presented to you?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails