Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Don't Know What You've Got Until It's Gone

You don't know what you've got until it's gone...
- Anonymous


We used to have a store called Gadgetgeeks in Greenhills that sold iPod and iPod accessories. I remember fondly how we often see Francis M walking around the mall. He would also sometimes look over our tiny kiosk and later would buy a U2 iPod from us:

One day, I received a call from our sales clerk and she told me that she was putting Francis M on the line since he was planning to buy an iPod from us and was personally asking for a discount. We talked for a couple of minutes to get the details of the order and I naturally gave him the discount. He was Francis M after all. Before putting the phone down, I asked to talk to my sales personnel and told her to give the discount but ask to have him sign an autograph on one of our Gadgetgeek shirts. And sign, he did.

I honestly planned to frame it. Planned.

I threw it to the backseat of my car and forgot about it...

In the light of his untimely passing, I suddenly remembered about the shirt. I'm definitely having it framed now! Sad how we always seem to take things (or people) for granted, only to realize how valuable they are in the end. You would think that after so much evolution and natural selection, human nature would be less erroneous. Human nature truly evolved the least.

6 comments:

ALiNe said...

haha! penge din ako discount... pramis mag autograph din ako... chux!

oliboy said...

hahaha oo nga! tutal sikat ka namang blogger e! daming fans! :)

cat said...

good move bro. frame mo na! =)

oliboy said...

hehehe! yup yup but don't know where to find a good see-through frame.

prinsesamusang said...

now this is cool. you are definitely right about humans. but the best part is, kahit na napaka fault-full natin, we still move on. tulad mo, sige go paframe mo na LOL

oliboy said...

i will, just haven't found the time! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails