Friday, March 06, 2009

1B Revisited

March 5, 2009
Apartment 1B
Salcedo Village, Makati City

A dinner with my UP Barkada led me to revisit Apartment 1B. The food of which I really enjoyed tremendously the last time I was there. I was extremely excited since it was only my second time and I've always wanted to sample their other specialties:

Sea Scallops. Wasn't able to taste this but it looks good huh? Will taste it on our 3rd visit, I promise.

French Onion Soup. Part of the menu equals a must-try for this dish. Good thing I had this new mission because 1B's onion soup was simply amazing. It was different. Maybe because of the sharp flavor of the Gruyere Cheese that added a bit of a punch to the intense beef broth essense. Probably one of the best I've tasted.

Spaghetti Carbonara. It has been definitely a long time since I've had carbonara. The long abstinence was absolutely worth it. I used to get fed up with carbonara and how it's simplicity was far too irritating. One could easily make one and it was so simple even to the taste. 1B's version is either as different as I think or it's because I haven't had it for a long time. I don't know. Maybe both. Or maybe it was just that good.

Poached Salmon. Mitch (one of my friends) told us she always ordered this dish whenever she would dine at 1B. She's been quite experienced when it comes to food and beverage so I trusted her word. Besides the fact, the salmon was indeed tempting. It was a winner. The salmon and the tomato-hollandaise sauce complemented each other perfectly. The vegetable sidings were perfectly seasoned and cooked just right. My only complain though was the salmon was a bit overcooked and a bit too flaky. In general though, the salmon dish was blended perfectly through the different flavors involved. The milky-tartness of the sauce was the key in this case and if only the salmon was cooked correctly, this dish would be perfect.

Blogging on a revisited restaurant is a first for me and in doing so, I've realized the capability of 1B to produce good dishes in two separate occasions now. I do look forward for the next.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails