Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lia's Avocado Cake

December 16, 2008
Lia's
Quezon City

I really don't like sweets. It's not that I eat healthy (you know how I love butter) but I just don't like that overpowering sugar taste that are like little needles on my tongue. Pardon the over exaggeration. I do, however, sample desserts once in a while.

At the office, their favorite part of the meal is the dessert. Almost everyday we would have quite an array of desserts. The viands may be the same week after week but the desserts would be different each and every day. My favorite cake that we would usually have was the Mango Bravo cake from Conti's. That was until now...

Lia's Avocado Cake with Pistachio

I've never really tasted cake this good. The cake interior was really soft and fluffy. The air pockets were almost perfectly positioned throughout the cake layer creating the extraordinary texture. I believe the icing was flavored with real avocados and the magical part was that you could taste actual avocados in every bite. The icing was also perfectly seasoned. It was not too sweet and the flavor relied greatly on the actual fruit instead of sweeteners. The softness of the cake was given texture by the generous topping of pistachio nuts. On top of that, the pistachios also added a nutty-smokey flavor to the dessert.

With creations like this, I sometimes forget my dislike for cakes and sweets. Maybe this one can finally activate my hibernating sweet tooth.

2 comments:

Summer Camps said...

Hi Oli! My husband's Tita owns this place. Cool I just saw your entry now sa site nila. They have na a flagship sa T. Morato-Dawn

oliboy said...

talaga? cool! it's yummy! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails