Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tom Yum: Test One

Tried out this Tom Yum Set package that was just lying in the cupboard for quite some time now. It's not expired yet, Thank God! My mom also bought another brand for us during her trip to Thailand and I'm gonna try and blog about that next time. Stay tuned for Tom Yum: Test Two. But for now, onto the initial testing phase of THIS specific brand:

The Ingredients:

Fresh Shrimps and Straw Mushrooms

The Conclusion:

A bit bland. Lacked a bit of sourness. But had good heat.

Nothing a drizzle of fish sauce and a squeeze of lemon can't fix. Wish we could've found some coriander though for a more authentic Thai flavor and garnish. Couldn't find it in the grocery we went to. Too bad. Nonetheless, the Tom Yum was really ok. Better than I initially expected. I can't wait to try out the next brand of Tom Yum ingredient sets so I can do a little comparison.

17 comments:

ALiNe said...

Buti pa sayo edible , yung ginawa ko dati mas maanghang pa sa sili...harhar

Cza said...

I bought a bottled Tom Yum concentrate errr something (di ko memorize ano tawag) Haha! Tried it and my Tom Yum turned out to be like sinigang lang.. =P We shall try again with this one.

http://cza.livejournal.com

oliboy said...

alien - sana dinamihan mo yung water or sana nilagyan mo ng sugar. :)

cza - i think the ingredient set is better since it has all the authentic herbs like lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, and galangal. you just have to buy the shrimps and the mushrooms.

acey said...

shrimp! 1 of my faves! :D

oliboy said...

yes! mine too! especially steamed suahe! it's amazing! :)

mikky said...

thanks for reminding me that i also have some in my cupboard... yours look good though... good luck to your new retail business... :)

oliboy said...

hey mikky! cool! post it for us to see! :) thanks for the greeting! :)

mikky said...

hi, the himalayan rock salt is mined in the heart of the Himalayan mountains... amazing huh... :)

KRIS JASPER said...

nakakagutom dito sa site mo... nice photos though...

If only I could eat them...

Happy Weekend!

ka bute said...

the last one looks great though ;)

oliboy said...

thanks kris jasper and ka bute! i'm still in the process of practicing my photography skills so just bear with the mediocre photos... i try my best though... :)

JoShMaRie said...

mukhang yummy yung hipon...

acey said...

craving shrimp, man! :D

paperdoll said...

wow! sarap!

oliboy said...

joshmarie, acey, and paperdoll! thanks for the comments! fresh shrimps are always the best! :)

daphne said...

oo.. tom yum paste is soo vesatile! I love it!

Thanks for dropping by my blog. =)

oliboy said...

thanks din for dropping by mine, daphne... i'll try stir-frying with tom-yum paste and see what happens... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails