Thursday, October 02, 2008

Burgasm

September 30, 2008
Ben's Burjer
A. Mabini Street, San Juan

Been watching the second episode of How I Met Your Mother (Season 4) and it was about Marshall's search for that elusive "ultimate" burger he tasted when he first came to New York. Which made me think about the blog I wrote before regarding the same subject matter. This blog entry has been stuck for two years or so now and I haven't really gotten the time to push through with it. Anyway, I was thinking "burger" and what better way to satisfy my craving but to go to a new burger joint in our area and finally do a little research for my own burger-hunting.

Ben's Burjer is not actually something new. It is famous in the Wack Wack area where it actually originated. Story goes that the daughter of the former mayor of Mandaluyong City had a great burger recipe which she sold at the Wack Wack Country Club's cafeteria. Her father would always brag that the best burger was found in Mandaluyong, which was, Ben's Burjer. Being famous and all, they decided to build a branch outside the confines of the Country Club, which was after all, not accessible for non-members. They decided to share the "best" burger to the rest of the people. They opened recently in San Juan (very close to Mandaluyong City) and is doing very well.

I ordered the Double Cheeseburjer. At first, I thought that the burger wasn't very big. I had the size of Brother's Burger or Hot Shots in mind but its size actually matched the burgers of Burger Machine. As they cooked the burger, I was scared with the fact that they were using so much oil but at the same time, happy that they melted the cheese first before laying it on the cooked burger patties. I was honestly pessimistic about the burger and didn't have high hopes for the burger. Until I took a bite. The burger was very tasty and flavorful. The melted cheese complemented the burger very well. It's been a long time since I tasted Burger Machine but it was indeed far better than Burger Machine's. It was a bit too oily for me but I guess it was a part of the added flavor. We all hate to admit it but a good burger is never actually a healthy one.

Ben's Burjer was very good and it did satisfy my burger craving BUT it isn't actually the best I've tasted. I think that the search for the ultimate burger continues...

12 comments:

Byron said...

Napanood ko din yang episode na yan and I also ate a burger! hahaha

Kiko said...

actually its season 4 of how i met your mother not season 2 :)
is ben's burjer a restaurant like jollibee or a small stall like most burger machine branches?

oliboy said...

hahaha oo nga by! pag napanood mo sya, mapapaburger ka talaga! sarap ng burger nila sa states, ang LAKI!

oliboy said...

hey kiko! thanks for the correction! i'm all dizzy with ALL the tv series i'm watching. it's much like the stalls of hot shots (but smaller). go check it out sometime. :)

Teacher Lea said...

shouldn't have read this blog. Now I'm craving burgers :I Nadagdagan nanaman ang preggy needs ko. Noooooo!

oliboy said...

tama lang yan cause your eating for two! start the little carnivore young... :)

princess_dyanie said...

ito ba yung kay ben abalos? :P katakam takam! kagutom oliboy! ;)

oliboy said...

yup, actually sa anak nya pero kanya narin i guess... it's not the best pero it's nice! :)

mikky said...

maybe we should give this a try... burger lang, not another scam, i hope... :)

oliboy said...

hey mikky! lol! you should definitely try it out, this is your taxes at work! hahaha!

gourmandtales said...

interesting...

oliboy said...

yup try it out gourmandtales! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails