Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Yeah! Dang

April 14, 2008
Ye Dang
Metrowalk, Pasig City

Remember my post on So Woo? That crappy FAKE Korean restaurant in Harbour Center near CCP? Well DON'T! Ye Dang is a Korean restaurant near Metrowalk. My brother told me before that they had good food and I was really hesitant because of the bad experience with So Woo. BUT we were craving for some Korean yet again so we decided to try it.

Koreans eating, CHECK! Lots of appetizers, CHECK! Which were all really very good! And of course, Good Kimchi, CHECK!

The initial signs of a good Korean restaurant were all accounted for, now onto the classic Korean dishes:

Korean Beef Stew - A must have when eating Korean. Ye Dang's version was definitely a throwback to the Korean-style beef stew that I love in Kimchi. It was not BETTER than Kimchi's version but definitely something that could rival it. The taste was a perfect blend of sweetness and saltiness. The beef was really tender and it was marinated with the sauce very well. Very good beef stew!

Japchae - This is one of my favorite Korean dishes and Ye Dang definitely didn't fail to impress! The glass noodles were perfectly cooked except for some that are stuck in a bunch. The taste was really authentic and it was not bland at all. There was some meat bits which gave it a little bite. AND it had a big serving for a small price that we almost didn't finish it! The dish was very affordable and it was definitely well worth the price tag.

Kimchi Jjigae - We wanted some soup so we decided to get this. A kimchi-based soup with sliced beef and vegetables. The soup was so spicy that we were really perspiring amidst the cold air-conditioning. I love spicy food but I think that this was a bit spicier than what I had expected. I remember my sisters telling me that the food in Korea was very spicy and so I guess Ye Dang stayed true to the Korean cuisine. a less spicier version would have made this soup even better.

I would always say that in order to remove a bad taste of a certain cuisine in your mouth, try something better of the same cuisine. Ye Dang definitely made me come back to the Korean-side once again! :)

2 comments:

canDIshhh said...

Ahh!! I love this resto so much!!!!

oliboy said...

oo nga e! yummy no? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails