Friday, April 11, 2008

Synthesizer Overload

April 10, 2008
Araneta Coliseum

Synthesizer Overload. Two words that best describe the recent concert of 80's great, Duran Duran! I mean my ears were literally ringing from all the synthesizers after the concert! I don't think there was a song in their repertoire WITHOUT the 80's song must have, The Synthesizer!

Front act was local band Sandwich who sang two or three songs. I forget since I was busy waiting for Duran Duran. :)

The concert started, surprisingly, on time and everybody was screaming like crazy! Crowd was composed more of the 30's and above age bracket since that was when Duran Duran was at their peak. The evening was an excellent throwback to the times when a Duran Duran poster was on our room wall before. I really had fun listening to their famous hits (I knew about 5-6 out of 10+ songs, which makes me a decent fan I think)! It was really fun spending time with my sister. We had fun comparing Simon Le Bon's voice to Blake Lewis and his moves to Hugh Grant in the movie Music and Lyrics. Awesome awesome voice though! I can say that he still has it even after all these years! People say that their a has-been band already and no one listens to them anymore but when you see their fans singing ALL their songs by the lyric, you come to realize that they can never be a has-been band, ICONS can never be a has-been.

Thanks Perri for the tickets and thank you MTV for pimping my night! :)

Pictures at my multiply, click here!

1 comment:

ALiNe said...

Duran Duran Duran Duran =D

Related Posts with Thumbnails