Thursday, April 24, 2008

Master Burger

April 16, 2008
Sango!
Amorsolo Street corner Legaspi Village, Makati City

No, it's not about our dog Burger being the master of our house or anything like that...

It's Sango! The Burger Master.

I've always wanted to try out this burger joint for quite sometime now. Luckily, We were craving for some burgers and what better place to satisfy that craving than Sango!. I first heard about this place through my brother and Venice. They had all but good things to say about this burger joint and I was expecting the best based on their critique of the restaurant.

When we came to the Mile Long area to try out the restaurant, I first noticed a small Japanese store and wanted to go see if I could find some cool Japanese snacks that me and my brother could nibble on while watching late night television. The store was really packed with Japanese goodies and when we were browsing the aisles, I saw it! The mustard that I loved during our recent trip to Japan. It was made with real mustard seeds where you can see the mustard seed bits through it's tube, and I couldn't wait to try it out in Sango!

Coming in to Sango, I was a bit scared since the initial concept of the place when I first heard about it was quite different with the way it looked. My first thought when Ven and my brother told me about it was that it was a sort of high-end type burger joint that resembled the Chili's or the T.G.I.Fridays atmosphere. When we got there, it was an more average place with a cafe/diner appearance. I ordered the Master Burger since they said that it was what I should order first time there. I was thinking that I could not try the mustard that I bought on the burger since the Master Burger already had meat sauce over it so I bought a hotdog-on-a-stick as an extra just to try out the mustard.

The burger looked very appetizing. The size can be a lot bigger but when you smell it, you'll forget its size and immediately want to taste it. My mouth was literally watering in anticipation of the first bite. The burger was quite good. It wasn't about the burger meat though. It was more of a combination of the meat sauce and the burger meat that made it really good. A bigger/thicker hamburger patty would be awesome but I think the taste made up for it. The perfect blend of the sweet sauce with the patty's grilled flavor was really a different experience. It reminded me of a Sloppy Joe burger. Thank God for Joe! :)

Frankly though, I was more excited with the mustard than the actual burger! Definitely no words can describe the mustard's taste! You have to go to that Japanese store beside Sango and get one for yourself. It is simply amazing! Although it would not compare to the authentic mustard of the same kind that I tried during my recent visit to Japan but it was a sight for sore-eyes indeed. A simple hotdog tasting a 100 times better, what more can you ask for?

Our experience at Sango was a good one! Probably one of the best burgers I've ever tasted because of its difference from the normal burgers. The meat sauce was awesome and the price, very affordable. We will surely come back in the near future, hopefully.

4 comments:

ALiNe said...

Meron akong nakitang sango malapit sa UA&P :)

oliboy said...

oo nga daw e, nalaman ko lang after we ate at amorsolo... oks lang, masarap naman e, sulit! :)

♥u8mYpiNkco0kiEs♥ said...

love it too! good thing they have a branch in Alabang already :)

love the fries too!!! thick cut & crispy! yummm.. just the way i like it.

oliboy said...

they do? at least i'll have somewhere to eat at in alabang... i may be passing there later on the way to batangas. thanks for the heads up! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails