Monday, March 31, 2008

So Woo: So Crap!

Don't let pictures deceive you...

Nowadays, with the latest technologies in cameras, amazing photography techniques, and Photoshop, people easily get immersed in a photograph and get tricked by believing it. With good cameras, food looks better than it really is and people look hotter than they really are. I was really disappointed with So Woo Restaurant at Harbour Center near CCP. I should have known that it wouldn't be a very good place for Korean food since no actual Koreans were dining. One more thing is that the appetizers are limited, usually good Korean food has lots (and I mean LOTS) of appetizers that it'll make you full before even reaching the main course. We checked the menu and it has no Korean beef stew... a Korean place with no Korean beef stew?!? That was kinda odd, but we did no head the signs and continued to order.

The kimchi was ok so I was kinda excited but then came everything else... Bibimbap with NO MEAT and FRIED EGG (SO WRONG), TASTELESS Japchae, SALTY miso soup (is this even Korean?), and Samgyeopsal that has more vegetables than meat. The Bulgogi/beef stew wanna be was really awful! This foodie venture was indeed a waste of time (in going there with all the traffic) and money (P300 per head for a passable kimchi appetizer)! I don't expect this restaurant to get any better so I will NEVER go back to So Woo Restaurant.

You know, I really refrain from writing negative reviews on my blog and rather not write about it at all than lambast it within the world wide web which you know is a powerful thing. But with great power comes great responsibility. This restaurant was so bad we had to wash the bad taste away with a Halo-Halo comfort dessert from Iceberg's. Ironically enough, this was the place I forgot to take pictures of my Halo-Halo! Hahaha!

I give So Woo Korean Restaurant HALF a STAR for the average kimchi and yummy cold water they served! Other pictures can be found at my Multiply site.

7 comments:

bnycastro said...

so boo!

oliboy said...

tama dapat yan nga title: so woo - so boo! :) hahaha!

ALiNe said...

Bibimbap with NO MEAT --- Engkkkks! anu ba yun!

Well in fairness , I tried eating there before as far as I can remember my experience was ok - not grand though. I can't remember what we ordered, shabu shabu ata :)

oliboy said...

shabu shabu is always good...

we should have ordered that instead but we wanted to test their MAIN korean dishes, staple korean dishes, cause that's the only way to test an authentic restaurant...

i'm glad you had a good experience there, maybe i'll try it again next time... MAYBE...

ALiNe said...

Wag na! Bibimbap with no meat e...lolz!

oliboy said...

hahaha! fine! masunurin naman akong bata e! :)

Jen Tan said...

SO WOO IS BOO!!!!!!!!!!!! =(

Related Posts with Thumbnails