Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Environmentalist In Me

Ok! Saw this new trailer for a new documentary ala Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth and Leonardo DiCaprio's The 11th Hour called Sharkwater by Rob Stewart, a Canadian director. Cat and Oli sent me a link to it and at first I thought it was about diving and shark attacks but when the trailer was over, I was in awe. I remembered how I used to eat Shark's Fin Soup and love it. I don't eat it anymore and that's what I do in my part to save the sharks. I know, Shark's Fin Soup is yummy but what can I do, destroy the environmental balance for my personal pleasure? I can't risk that... what will my children, and my children's children fear next time when there are no more sharks?!? Hahaha! Seriously, I don't know, growing old you think of more important things other than yourself. You think about the future more and how what you do today will affect the people of tomorrow. You become more selfless and act upon your sense of how you only borrow the life you got right now so why waste it and leave nothing for others. Luckily for me, I started thinking this way for almost 10 years now, I started thinking about the environment at a fairly early age. Now that I started diving, I became more in-tuned with nature and the way it affects us physically and spiritually. I became more Earth-conscious and I try to live each day with the future in mind. This is what I do, and even though it is only a miniscule act for the environment, I still do it. Sad to think that others still take the environment for granted but I've learned that you CAN'T force others to be an environmentalist, you just have to do your part and hopefully pray that things eventually turn out positively, and that your little act, small as it may seem, can help one way or another...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails