Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Let's Cali-Fornicate!

I was watching this new series entitled Californication starring David Duchovny (yes, he has moved on from being Mulder on the X-files). I was kinda hesitant in watching this series since I really find David Duchovny boring but I had no choice, all the other series that I was watching are all on their respective hiatus. I watched the pilot episode and it was surprised to find a really intriguing series. Just the right blend of comedy and drama. It's about coping with life and dealing with the people you love (and hate). I'm on the 7th episode already and I'm starting to get really addicted to it... I love the dialogue and I tip my hat to the writers of each episode. There's this one dialogue between David Duchovny's character and his daughter where they talked about disappointment and I love how his daughter stated her reaction to disappointment, it goes something like: "You know, its all well and good to talk about happy endings. But if the person can't deliver, if he keeps screwing up, well eventually I guess you kinda just have to say fuck you... or words to that effect."

People have disappointed us one way or another. And we have, in return, disappointed others. I think it is but human nature to disappoint and be disappointed but it's free will to CHOOSE not to do it. I've been disappointed so many times and I know it happens. I've been disappointed by the things I could not do but wanted to do. I've been disappointed by love so many times. I've been disappointed by life. The difference is that I accept what happened, say "fuck you", and move on...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails