Friday, September 23, 2005

Missing UP...

I was browsing through other people's blogs and I found out that mostly students from the University of the Philippines in Diliman or Ateneo have tons and tons of journals on blogspot. Yeah yeah! I know blogging has been a fad in the states for more than a year now but why haven't I started it before during my UP days??? I could have filled this blog to the brim only if I had started blogging during college! I could have filled it with crazy stories about hardass teachers, deadly exams, friends gained, friends lost, love gained, and of course, love lost. I miss the smell of UP, the look of UP, the life in UP!

ID Number: 95-09177

I miss hanging out at the AS steps and the parking lot with my barkada smoking until our lungs bled while looking at college girls. I miss eating at the Greenhouse or the CASAA where you need to have a strong enough stomach (and some strong tissue paper ready) for the Salisbury Steak. I miss buying bluebooks for exams and photocopying notes, reviewers, and sample exams. I miss the fishballs and quail eggs at the College of Home Economics where I personally think have the best fishballs and quail eggs in UP. I miss eating Tapsilog or Hotdogsilog at Rodicks. I miss eating street-foods like isaw, balunbalunan, and barbecue at the Post Office. I miss book-binding at the shopping center. I miss cutting classes. I miss the long lines during registration. I miss everything about UP! Have plenty more things that I miss but if you're reading this and you're not from UP, I think you'll get pretty bored with this. But trust me, when you have experienced the things that I have experienced during my college life, you'll enjoy it like I did and will never forget it.

Looking back, I've learned so many things and met so many people during my college days. Until now, the experiences and the friends are still in my heart. I don't think they'll ever be out of my heart though because my heart is UP! When I die and God asks me what is it that I love about life, one of the answers I will give him can be summed-up in 2 letters: U and P.

2 comments:

firewomyn said...

i empathize w/ you :)

Uisce said...

mawawala na din ako sa UP. isang taon na lang...

Related Posts with Thumbnails